Sunday, December 28, 2008

Resolutions & More


Stylish Resolution


Vera Wang, designer
“Work more and work out more.”

Venus Williams, tennis player
“I think it’s time to give up leggings and add more prints to my closet in 2009. I also think it’s time for more accessories, but I want to avoid those big chunky pieces.”

Chanel Iman, model
“Step back into my closet and re-create the things I haven’t worn in a while and do wardrobe swaps with my friends. After the swap, you can go shopping for that one item that will make the trade pop. It’s kind of a green way to go.”

Plum Sykes, contributing editor, Vogue
“Find more multitasking accessories. My new thing is a diamond clip from the thirties that my husband is hoping to get at auction for my birthday. You can wear it as a brooch, as two clips on shoulders, or in your hair. I am also giving up anything It. It bags, It shoes—it all seems so outdated. It girls, however, are always in.”

Lisa Mayock, designer, Vena Cava
“Learn Spanish. Or at least start.”

Sophie Buhai, designer, Vena Cava
“Monochromatic fashion that feels elegant (but is almost boring) paired with an eccentric large metal necklace is what I am wanting to wear. As far as giving things up, I’d say it’s time to give up flashy designer bags. The new year and a new economy are all about buying vintage Ferragamo and Bottega on eBay.”

Coco Rocha, model
“Wear more jackets. This is the time to bundle up, and a girl cannot have too many coats because it is what you are seen most in during the winter season.”

Marina Rust, contributing editor, Vogue
“I know if I squeeze a lemon into a cup of hot water and honey every morning I will actually feel and look better. Maybe this year I will remember to do it.”

Tory Burch, designer
“Keep things in perspective and not sweat the small stuff. I always try to focus on the big picture and remember if my family is happy and healthy, nothing is worth getting too stressed about.”

Chiara Clemente, filmmaker
“Eat at home as much as I can. Maybe it’s because I am Italian, but you have to start with the basics. And that’s food.”
Clemente’s film Our City Dreams (ourcitydreams.com) has its theatrical release at the Film Forum in New York this February.

Sarah Mower, contributing editor, Vogue
“Ask not what your country can do for you. You can be just perfect-looking, but if you’re not contributing something worthwhile, however small, how can you feel good about yourself?”

Lakshmi Menon, model
“A place everyone should visit is Ladakh, situated on the northwestern frontier of India and the last stronghold of Tibetan Buddhism. It’s a place that has lessons to teach all of us with its wisdom of old ways, which we have forgotten in the consumerist frenzy of our times.”

Luella Bartley, designer, Luella
“I am dearly, dearly hoping for a little something from my favorite jewelry shop in London, S.J. Phillips on Bond Street. My style has always veered toward the scruffy side, so accessories are important. One can always get away with jeans and a plaid shirt if there is a subtle, cool diamond somewhere about your person.”

Liya Kebede, model
“I recommend people visit Africa—that is what I want to do. I want to try and see all the different countries. I also think people should get involved, volunteer, and simply help others in any way you can. This is the way forward.”

Maria Sharapova, tennis player
“I’m all about costume jewelry pieces for the new year—something that’s vintage-inspired or just a classic big Frank Gehry for Tiffany cuff bracelet to add to a black dress or a Temperley tailored jacket.”



No comments:

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails